Altum Consulting are partnering with a really dynamic International Development Organisation to find an interim Junior Finance Business Partner to join their Fundraising Finance team on an initial 6 month basis, with the likelihood of an extension. This opportunity will suit someone who is available on short notice and looking to expand on their management accounting experience within an exciting team. In addition, this role is looking for someone to work 4 days per week.
- To support and assist with the production of monthly management accounts for the Fundraising Division
- To support and assist in the development of finance systems and application of consistent procedures.
- To act as main business partner to fundraising managers and budget holders, work closely with the fundraising strategy team
- Contribute to the production of budgets and reforecast for the Fundraising Division. Provide proactive support with the budgeting process and targets.
- Carry out business case appraisals for investments and fundraising activities.
- To develop and manage the flow of relevant, reliable and timely financial information for use throughout the division.
- To provide challenging and meaningful analysis of the monthly management accounts, highlighting major variances to Head of Fundraising Finance. Provide monthly iterative review and monitoring of expenditure, to ensure the department is cost effective and consider value for money opportunities.
- To support any funding applications from trusts and statutory funders
- Attendance at and contribution to quarterly finance meeting and any other regular strategic meetings.
- To participate with other finance staff in the interpretation and analysis of results, reforecast, and working with Team managers in the production of written commentary to accompany those reports.
- Supporting teams and maintaining functional support for the finance-related activities of the administration offices. To identify and address key financial risks.
- Supporting Fundraising offices with systems, reporting, ordering and procurement.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the line managers.
- Part-qualified accountant, working towards their qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Charity sector experience is essential
- Strong experience doing management accounting is essential
- Effective communication skills and happy to lead meetings with senior budget holders
- Keen to learn
- Available on short notice
There may be some UK based travel required.