Altum Consulting is delighted to be partnering with Goodenough College, London's finest postgraduate residential community, in its search for a new Head of Finance.
Reporting into the Director of Finance & Resources, you will have oversight of the Financial Administration, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting for the organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Management of the finance team including Management Accountants, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit Control
- Working with the management accountant on financial planning, producing budgets and ensuring efficient month-end processes are in place
- Produce the draft annual financial statements and act as the main point of contact for the auditors
- Producing annual draft budgets and md-year reforecasts
- Working closely with the wider organisation to ensure stakeholders understand their finances and have positive working relationships with the finance team
- Ensure strong and effective financial controls are in place
- Recruit, train and mentor staff as necessary to fulfil finance's obligations
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent)
- Have strong leadership skills and experience, including the ability to problem-solve
- Have technical understanding of charity accounting requirements
- Have strong understanding of VAT and partial exemption
- Have previous experience of line management
To apply for this exciting position please submit your CV today.