Altum Consulting are currently partnering exclusively for a Financial Controller to join a Technology business in scale up phase. This role will be pivotal to the development of the finance team ensuring the right capability in house and is for an initial 6 month period. The role will be immediately integrated with the business, supporting teams with forecasting and business cases.
- Management Accounts - Manage the production of the monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Business partnering - with a range of internal stakeholders with specific focus on the Commercial team.
- Commercial analysis - reviewing sales proposals, understanding product profitability and ensuring revenue recognition is correctly accounted for.
- Audit - responsible for coordinating the annual audit and production of the Statutory Accounts.
- Budgeting & forecasting - Managing quarterly forecastly forecasts and supporting the budget process.
- Providing financial insights that provide thoughtful analysis, identify action items and effectively frame decisions that need to be made.
- Stakeholder Reporting - Consolidating and assisting in the production of the monthly financial reporting packs, including external grant providers.
- Other reporting - Managing the monthly cash flow forecast, balance sheet review and grant claims
- Financial Control – enforcing, developing and implementing financial policies to control the business. Performing cost reviews, devising and implementing change to control cost within the business
- Planning – Management of the annual financial planning cycle and monthly timetable
- Taxation compliance – responsible for ensuring that VAT and Corporation Tax submissions are correct.
- Managing two capable members of staff
- A Qualified Accountant with significant PQE
- Experience of all aspects of financial management in a small/medium-sized company
- Strong technical and accounting knowledge; demonstrable experience of financial control through balance sheet reconciliations, P&L review, cash flow analysis and maintenance of financial processes
- Strong FP&A experience
- Audit experience