Altum are delighted to partner with an exciting Tech platform to find them a Lead Financial Controller. The company are in a period of high growth following a very positive valuation and are building a new centralised Finance function in the UK. Reporting in to the FInance Director, you will play an integral role in the forward direction of the company as they expand their UK presence.
Our client are looking to hire this role reasonably quickly so a max of 1 month notice is desireable.
- Lead all controlling and accounting activities for the business, ensuring the integrity of the business financials and compliance with relevant accounting standards and internal policies
- Lead the preparation and presentation of regular internal financial reporting, statutory financial statements and disclosure notes
- Lead the coordination of activities and responses to compliance assessments, including statutory audits, internal audits, HMRC investigations and other compliance checks #
- Lead the establishment of a robust controls environment to minimise business risks and address controls gaps
- Lead the identification and implementation of improvements to finance processes, as well as the implementation of automation to streamline accounting and controlling processes
- Support the development of a highly skilled and motivated team, and contribute to the development of an inclusive, supportive and learning culture
- Recognised accounting professional qualification (ACA/CA/CPA)
- Min 8 years of post-qualified accounting and controlling experience (Retail/FMCG sector experience preferred), with strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of working in a high growth organisation, managing teams, setting up processes from scratch, and implementing financial controls
- Proven ability to manage uncertainty, operate successfully within a fast-paced environment, and prioritise effectively
- Possesses a mindset that is growth-oriented, and can demonstrate experience in proactively expanding their capabilities and building the capability of the team
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management and teams across the organisation