A well-known health charity requires a personable and dynamic Assistant Financial Accountant to join their friendly and supportive finance team. This position is a maternity cover, estimated to last nine months. The successful candidate will maintain the general ledger, process accurate accounting information and assist in the production of the statutory accounts.
- Checking and processing journals
- Reviewing and processing valid combination requests
- Processing salary and pension journals from our payroll bureau, ensuring that the data is accurate, reconciling and resolving issues on the payroll control accounts and ensuring the pension payments is accurate and made on a timely basis
- Assisting with fixed asset work, for example processing depreciation
- Monthly reconciliation work, including all control accounts (Balance Sheet and I&E)
- Bank account reconciliations
- Supporting the team when needed with inputting all income received (cash / cheques / BACs payments for example) onto the finance systems
- Maintaining the bank mandates
- Assisting with year-end statutory accounts and audit preparation work
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 months finance experience and ideally have experience in assisting with statutory accounts. Above this, we need some who is driven, proactive and a strong communicator.
Although the position is a fixed term contract the charity is going through a period of positive change and more permanent opportunities could arise in future.
If you are interested and are available at short notice, please apply today.