Opportunity to join a market leading, £17bn turnover international media business as a key part of the Group Finance team, driving global Technichal Accounting and Policies. Operating in over 140 countries and across 5 continents, this acquisitive company is an and exciting place to work with a great company culture and the resources to develop your career.
The role ensures that:
- The business is provided with sound and clear technical accounting advice and guidance.
- New accounting standards are properly understood, assessed and documented to ensure the most efficient implementation
- The business is provided with formal technical accounting papers to support decision making and maintain best practice control.
- All new business activities and initiatives are promptly and accurately assessed for compliance with IFRS and key financial judgements appropriately considered.
- The Group Accounting Policies relating to complex accounting areas are maintained and understood globally.
- The external Audit of complex accounting areas is well managed
- A manager who will bring energy and expertise to this dynamic, diverse and highly acquisitive company.
- Ability to influence all levels of the Finance team - the regional Finance teams, the local Finance teams and the outsourced teams.
- Qualified ACA accountant with 5 -10+ years PQE
- Proven experience of technical accounting in a commercial environment, with proven capability to communicate financial accounting requirements to senior executives
- In depth knowledge of IFRS, including emerging standards
- Strong communication, influencing, collaboration and relationship building skills across global cultures
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Clear record of being curious, robust and driving improved the technical accounting discipline within a business
- Clear record of driving end-to-end financial accounting and reporting process improvements
- Fluent English language skills - other languages an advantage
- Knowledge of the Media or Digital sectors an advantage (but not a prerequisite)