A globally renowned name in PE; our client offers an international, bustling, and aspirational workplace in Amsterdam; with fantastic growth opportunities, an excellent salary, and a great team to spar with.
The Cash Management department is responsible for the management of the liquidity positions, including the foreign exchange positions, and for all cash flows, related to investments and the management company itself. Cash Management works closely with the Investment Accounting team, the Financial Accounting team, the Investment teams and the Legal and Tax team.
The following activities are managed by a small team here locally in Amsterdam:
- Liquidity Management: forecasting and managing the liquidity position for the investment vehicles and the management company within agreed upon limits;
- Cash-flow Management: managing all outgoing payments and controlling all incoming payments, including capital calls and distributions for investors, and initiating necessary follow-up;
- Foreign Exchange: Maintaining an efficient foreign-exchange position by monitoring the position and executing FX-trades;
- Banking relations:
- Opening, closing or modifying cash and custody accounts and remediate signatories.
- Communicating with banks on payments and money market and FX-transactions;
- Preparing and issuing drawdown and repayment requests for different lines of credit and continuous monitoring of balances and covenants
- Reporting: to clients, management and other stakeholders; responding to ad-hoc requests;
- Functional maintenance of the Treasury Management System and affiliated systems
- Compliance and Control: Ensuring compliance with different laws and regulations (e.g. AIFMD, EMIR) as well as with control procedures (Our client is ISAE 3402 and SOX audited).
- Projects and system improvements: Driving different improvement projects within Cash Management and participating in projects with a broader organisational reach.
The work environment is international, challenging and highly professional. The daily activities are process-oriented and involve dealing with urgent and ad-hoc requests in relation to transactions and client requests. The execution requires a high degree of accuracy and control, combined with efficiency while maintaining an overview over the outstanding items.
The role scope of Cash Manager
The Liquidity / Cash Manager will be involved in the full range of activities described above and will report into the Treasurer. The applicant is able to work in a team and can run the daily operations independently during absence of colleagues.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a personal interest in process improvement and developing the use of financial technology to maximise efficiency and control.
Skills, professional experience and relevant education sought:
- University or equivalent degree (a lower level of education can be mitigated by longer work experience);
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the field of Treasury/Cash Management processes, for example in a frontoffice, back-office or administrative setting;
- Experience with MS Office and in particular proficiency with MS Excel is required
- Experience with Treasury Management Systems, finance technology and electronic banking in general (IT2 experience would be ideal);
- High level of personal integrity;
- Good analytical and quantitative skills in combination with a hawk's eye for detail;
- Ability to process and analyse large volumes of complex information quickly;
- Systematic approach to work load;
- Good planning and time management skills;
- A strong communicator with excellent social skills, including the ability to interact with senior management and banking partners
- Flexibility and a proactive hands-on mentality
- Fluency in English
For further information, and to discuss your application in confidence please make contact with Ilena from our Amsterdam office - contact details attached.