Altum Consulting are proud to be partnering with an international charity to help recruit a Grants Accounts Assistant on a 6-month interim basis. This fantastic opportunity should appeal to a PQ/QBE accountant with experience of working with restricted funding and grant reporting, ideally in a international development context.
Key Responsibilities –
- To support production of financial reports in compliance with donor and internal requirements for all grants managed by the International Office.
- To generate and review transactional reports and follow through as necessary with corrections and adjustments.
- To receive, process and account for expenditure by grant partners, including reviewing supporting documentation.
- To produce reforecasts where required by the donor, with input from grant budget holders.
- To consider how improvements can be made to procedures for processing transactions, reporting and any other issues which would contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function.
Person Specification –
- Part qualified accountant studying for a CCAB recognised qualification or qualified by experience.
- Understanding of accounting for restricted income and expenditure under UK charity law and guidelines.
- Excellent Excel skills, including vlookups, sumifs and ability to self-learn in this area.
- Experience of reporting to DfID, the EC and/ or US donors.
If the above sounds like you or someone in your network please get in touch today.