Altum Consulting are pleased to be partnering with a Private Equity backed hospitality business to find an established and process driven Financial Controller. The business is seen to be one of the pioneering leaders in their field and require a finance professional with gravitas and the ability to manage, maintain and improve financial processes during a period of fast growth.
The role of the Financial Controller is to ensure a robust control and reporting environment for the entire Group through the delivery of timely and accurate financial information to the business through effective management of the core financial team, systems and processes.
- Management of the month-end process to ensure timely and accurate delivery of Board Information.
- Work together with the Commercial Finance team to ensure that monthly re-forecasts are prepared in a timely, robust and informative way.
- Management of 4 direct reports
- Supervision and management of the production of the financial statement
- Ensure major transactions such as acquisitions and business combinations are managed and accounted for appropriately. Provide effective analytical review and understanding of key transactions at the entity and group level.
- Management of the external audit year-end closing process, including agreeing deliverables, timetables, key areas of risk, judgement and uncertainty.
- Enhancement of management reporting to meet evolving business requirements and the commercial environment.
- Maintenance of the Group’s accounting policies and ensuring their correct and consistent application across the Group.
- Develop and regularly review the Group accounting manual. Responsible for driving enhanced disciplines and controls across the Group and for compliance with the Group accounting manual.
- Ensuring that the Group’s procedures are effective taking into account the systems and processes in use by finance and other departments. Actively engage with the team and other departments to seek improvements.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to prevent and detect fraud and error including the use of system controls, banking systems and completion of account reconciliations.
Ideal candidate will posses the following,
- Full accounting qualification (ACA)
- "Big 4" trained
- Minimum 5 years PQE experience within an FC/FM role
- Hospitality background preferred but not essential
- Proven track record of implementing financial controls and improving processes
- Team management experience