Altum Consulting are pleased to be partnering with a global mining organisation to find a qualified Group Accountant, who will exercise financial control across a range of multifaceted entities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a family like culture that will ensure coordination and collaboration across all levels.
In this visible and exposed role, there will be a high level of communication with the global subsidiary companies that will allow the successful candidate global travel opportunities.
- Manage the general accounting for all company entities.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Monitor intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare the Group consolidated budget, along with monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports
- Assist subsidiaries with accounting matters
- Prepare year-end audit for the group and help subsidiaries with their local audits
- Obtain and review reporting packages from subsidiaries
- Analyse daily and monthly reports from subsidiaries
- Statistics of performance and volumes by business line, product, customer
- Review of key balance sheet items
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls at subsidiary companies and their compliance with group procedures
- Effectively promote synergies and ensure coordination and collaboration with other areas of the company
- Make suggestions for improvement; bring innovative ideas and thinking
- A degree in accounting, economics, finance, or similar
- Accounting Qualification (ACA / ACCA/ CIMA)
- Knowledge of UK accounting practices and Tax Laws (UK GAAP, IFRS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, proactive, and motivated attitude