Altum are proud to be working with an ambitious conservation organisation to recruit a proactive and highly organised Financial Accountant.
The role has arisen due to an internal promotion within the organisation, this role will start as a 6-month fixed term contract and has a possibility of going permanent due to their rapid growth.
- Assistance with reviewing the financial information ahead of the external audit
- Management and resolution of management letter points from statutory and project audits
- Preparation of the annual accounts and audit schedules
- First point of contact for communications with auditors
- Coordination of collating any supporting documents requested by auditors
- Leading on project audits
- Support on reconciliation of project finance reports to the organisations finance system.
- Support on detailed review of staff advance balances
- Identification of process improvements for more accurate and timely transaction processing
- Support with review of control environment, policies, and procedures
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial information requested by funders
- Support finance business partners with extraction and management of financial information where required
- Support on other ad-hoc tasks where required
The ideal candidate will be a (ACCA/ACA) finalist or newly qualified with experience in the charity/non-profit sectors. You will possess experience in external audit, have great attention to detail, you will also possess the ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines.
This role provides a hybrid working scheme of 1 - 2 days in the office per week.
Interviews are being held ASAP, therefore candidates with 1 months’ notice or less should APPLY NOW.