Commercial Finance Manager
Altum Consulting have partnered with a FTSE 100 business in Central London to secure a pivotal senior hire for their industry leading commercial finance division.
The Senior Commercial Finance Manager will lead a high performing team of 8 to deliver commercial insight to senior leaders in the business in the form of internal reporting, FP&A, investment and decision-making challenge & support. They will play a significant role in the success of key finance projects and have wide exposure across the business, including directors and group finance.
The business is renowned for investing in and developing their employees, with success stories across the company as testament to their people driven philosophy.
Role & Responsibilities
- Business partner with senior management to challenge and support decision making with financial analysis
- Deliver financial reviews for potential new customers and assist with negotiations for deal terms
- Support the business with analysis on acquisitions and disposals
- Liaise with senior management to monitor P&L performance and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the other Senior Finance Managers to support the Commercial Finance Director with delivery of monthly management accounts, year-end, and half year reporting
- Drive and manage the team to ensure delivery of budgets and forecasts for their areas
- Encourage an ever-closer relationship between the commercial finance team and the wider business
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to finance processes and reporting, with ownership of a given set of finance processes across the group
Candidate requirements for the Senior Commercial Finance Manager:
- ACA qualified accountant with significant post qualified experience
- Proven delivery of detailed management accounts
- Highly commercial, with a track record of delivering commercial insight to senior stakeholders with both finance and non-finance backgrounds
- Strong team leadership capabilities