Altum Consulting are currently recruiting for a very unique opportunity in the market for one of the leading manufacturing companies in the Netherlands.
Our client is seeking an experienced and Senior VAT Accountant to join their European Shared Service Centre on a permanent, full-time basis.
As Senior VAT Accountant, you will responsible for;-
- VAT compliance activities within Accounting to Reporting (A2R), Purchase to Pay (P2P), Master Data, Intercompany and Internal Controls.
- Reporting to the Manager of TAX/VAT
- Maintain and improve VAT compliance and controls within the business adhering to any laws and regulations across the European entities
- Identify and resolve any issues within VAT compliance
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reports for VAT, ESL and Intrastat
- Maintain a close working relationship with the cash team relating to payments
- VAT reconciliations
- Support within VAT projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Responsible for 1 direct report
The ideal candidate will posses the following experience;-
- Desirably a degree within indirect tax
- A minimum of 6 years work experience within a similar role focused around international VAT compliance
- Fluent in English both written and verbal. Any other European language is advantageous
- Capable to meet tight deadline
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written for reporting
- Preferable living in the Amsterdam area
The client is offering a competitive salary in addition to an attractive bonus + benefits package for this role.