Senior Technical Accountant
Our client is hiring a Senior Technical Accountant.They are one of the most recognisable brand names on the planet.A brilliant company to work for, who value and reinvest in staff.This could be the beginnings of a great career.
What you’ll do:
This is a great opportunity for a strong technical accountant to join as Senior Technical Accountant to help drive the technical accounting agenda across the newly created European business.This is a fast-paced environment so there will be variety in the role and ad-hoc projects to get involved in.
· Review the company’s accounting requirements and ensure everything is in line under USGAAP and IFRS
· Prepare financial statements and technical papers for local entities under USGAAP
· Co-ordination and external audit process and be the go-to liaison for the external auditors
· Support local finance teams and help drive best practice in partnership with the local Finance Managers to ensure timely and compliant reporting
· Help set up and manage local financial reporting systems and structure across Europe
· Contribute to ongoing professional development and continual streamlining of processes to drive best practice across finance
· Ad-hoc projects including IFRS 16 maintenance, system implementations etc.
· Be the go-to advisor on technical accounting issues; consult with senior management and external auditors to ensure proper accounting treatment is applied and documented for a variety of complex transactions and general accounting matters
· Partner commercial teams to ensure a deep understanding of business activities and results and provide support and guidance for potential new business models and revenue streams
· Help establish, develop and maintain the Group’s accounting policies and procedures company wide and support multiple subsidiary financial reporting needs
· Provide training to accounting, finance, and business teams on new and existing accounting standards
· Support SEC filings including the quarterly and annual reporting
The Senior Technical Accountant will be:
· Qualified ACA/CA from an audit firm (ideally Top 10)
· Minimum experience of 5 years with a large accounting firm and/or commercial experience with a strong track record of technical accounting and research
· Previous experience in a similar role
· USGAAP and IFRS knowledge
· Ability to communicate and present clearly and effectively with multiple stakeholders and team members
· Able to effectively manage competing deadlines