Altum Consulting are partnering with a medical charity to find a Senior Management Accountant to join their finance team on an interim basis for a 9-12 month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is going through an exciting change, with the possibility of this role becoming permanent at the end of the initial contract.
Whilst this role is looking for someone who has strong management accounting and/or business partnering experience, the ideal candidate will have a strong technical accounting background, as the long term goal for the finance team is to potentially upscale the financial accounting team.
- Accurate and timely preparation and production of weekly and monthly reports on the financial performance
- Production of the Monthly management pack with insightful commentary
- Assisting senior finance lead on preparation and production of interim accounts and the year end financial statements
- Preparation and presentation of actual and budgeted financial records
- Prepare and submit on time to HMRC the VAT return
- Involved in the production of weekly and monthly cash flows, ensuring all information is collated and up to date, and monitoring of accuracy
- To provide appropriate reporting systems, preparing and presenting reports as required
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Charity SORP/FRS102 experience is essential
- Available at short notice
- Prior experience of VAT partial exemption
- Charity sector experience is essential