Are you a technical and personable accountant seeking a fulfilling role within a well-known social welfare organisation? Would you like to be part of a passionate team, delivering services and providing homes for to the most marginalised and disadvantaged communities?
We’re seeking a Financial Accountant to join the close knit and collaborative team and lead on all financial accounting activities and manage a team of two.
You will be required to;
- Lead on production of annual financial statements for organisation and subsidiaries
- Lead year end audit processes and liaise with external auditors
- Manage relationship with outsourced payroll and pension provider
- Lead on completion of monthly pension submission
- Prepare and submit HMRC and quarterly VAT returns
- Lead on treasury matters ensuring effective management of day to day cashflow
- Lead on development of finance system
- Prepare month end and year-end journal and coordinate and monitor bank account reconciliations
- Ensure team’s developments needs are addressed including development plans and holding appraisals
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CCAB accountant with experience leading on preparation and consolidation of financial statement. You will be experienced in financial reporting and excellent communication and organisation skills. Candidates from a social housing or charity background are encouraged to apply but we will also welcome applications from candidates seeking a move from commerce.
In return you will work in an environment that encourages personal development, offers generous benefits including flexible working, whilst delivering the important social mission and helping people take control of their lives.
If you feel you match the above criteria, please apply with your CV today!