Altum are excited to partner with a well-known property company to find them a Senior Credit Controller to oversee the Accounts Receivable function. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company and become a key part of their continued strategic expansion.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Finance, you will provide leadership to the AR team to ensure credit risk is minimal and advise on company actions. This is a fast-paced environment and requires and experienced credit controller to get stuck in.
- Ensure the AR Function works efficiently.
- Highlight and resolve any issues with the IT department.
- Maintain the credit control process, e.g., credit requests, increase process, credit checks, account set ups etc.
- Quarterly account reviews.
- Ad hoc invoices and subsequent payment chasing.
- Chasing accounts and AR Ledgers, and upholding accurate records
- Guarantee effective and timely allocation of payments.
- Abide by company procedures concerning notes and write offs and ensure accurate authorisation
- Annual review of the policies and certifying consistency with the business requirements and suggesting improvements for approval.
- Train the Credit Control Assistants as they join and progress and assist with annual appraisals of the AR team.
- Collaborate with the FC’s and AP teams to ensure a commission deduction process is applied and adhered to.
- Monthly reconciliations against AR postings.
- Manage Debt collection activities for the company and instruct Assistants on further actions.
- Evaluate queries and performance, reporting this information to line managers.
- Analyse problems and coordinate with relevant departments to guarantee efficient billing for clients.
- Ad hoc AR, and finance work
- 5 years Hospitality Credit Control / AR
- Currently in a Credit Controller role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excel experience (pivots/ vlookups)
- Opera and/or SAP experience (Preferred)
- Proactive and driven
- Team player