Senior Audit & Risk Analyst
location: Amstelveen, North Holland
practice area: accountancy-and-finance
job type: permanent
salary: €65,000.00 - €75,000.00 per annum bonus & benefits
сonsultant: Erin Wilson
date posted: 01/12/2023
Altum Consulting are working alongside one of our most valued clients to support their search in a fantastic opportunity as a Senior Audit & Risk Analyst.
This role will be working in their vibrant and highly international Amsterdam office which consists of over 20 different nationalities and with diversity at the heart of their business, the team also consists of well educated finance professionals of varied ages, genders and backgrounds.
Our client has seen consistent growth and success year on year enabling them to be one of the most reputable and high performing businesses in their industry globally.
As Senior Audit & Risk Analyst, you will be working in a team of 5 and reporting to the Manager of the department. Working in a broad role with very cross functional stakeholders internally and externally, you will be responsible for detailed reporting to investors and deep dive analysis acting as a key sparring partner to the management team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reviewal of financial statements (IFRS, Dutch GAAP and US GAAP)
- Suggest and implement improvements to be made for the financial statements
- Preparation and automation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting to external stakeholders
- Maintenance of the internal controls environment (SOX) and identify improvements that can be made in this area
- Create portfolio analysis and reports
- Overseeing audits and audit processes including the internal control environment working alongside external auditors
- Act as a key point of contact with both internal and external stakeholders (Investors, Accounting team, Service Providers etc)
- Proactively participate in ad-hoc projects to support additional teams and the CFO when required
- Actively be involved in identifying and creating improvements relating to current systems and tools to accommodate the rapid growth of the business
Education & Experience
- Educated with a Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Formal qualification such as RA, RC, CA, CPA, ACA or equivalent is highly desired
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working in a similar finance role with a strong background in audit ideally from a Big 4 or Big 10 firm
- Good knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Strong understanding of an effective internal control environment and framework
- Analytically minded with good attention to detail and the ability to deal with large data sets
- Strong IT skills:- Excel, PowerBi, data modeling, SQL, R
- Fluency in English is essential (any other European language is desirable)
In addition to offering a challenging and exciting role, my client also offers one of the best benefits package in the market, hybrid working options, sponsorship for non-EU citizens, out of work social events as well as clear and achievable career progression opportunities!
Head of Finance
FP&A Analyst - MedTech
FP&A Manager - BioTech
Financial Accountant: Life Sciences
Management Accountant - BioPharma
Principal Consultant - Energy
Financial Controller - Life Sciences
Management Consultant - Asset and Wealth Management (M/SM)
Finance Manager - Life Sciences