Altum Consulting are working alongside one of our most prestigious clients; a highly established and international Real Estate firm based in Luxembourg, who are seeking an experienced, Senior Accountant to join their finance function on a permanent basis.
This is a newly created role, working within a medium sized, dynamic finance department and reporting to the Finance Manager.
As this is an international role, fluency in both French and English languages, written and verbal, is essential for this position.
You key responsibilities within this role are;-
· Day to day accounting for various companies
- Bank statements;
- Incoming invoices;
- Outgoing invoices;
- Accruals and provisions;
· Maintain interest calculation schedules;
· Maintain amortisation / depreciation schedules if applicable;
· month-end reconciliations;
· Review of accruals and provisions;
· Intercompany reconciliations and advise administration department on intercompany settlements where applicable;
· Preparation of financial statements.
Administration & General
· Assistance in preparation of periodical Luxembourg VAT returns;
· Review, filing and follow up of information provided by property managers;
· Assistance with preparation of monthly cash flows;
· Assistance with preparation of the monthly management reports;
· Assistance with information packages for lending banks if any;
· Preparation of financial information/analysis as required;
· Preparation of outgoing invoices where applicable;
· General administrative tasks.
Assistance year end reporting process / audit process
· Preparation of annual US tax reporting packages;
· Preparation of annual accounts;
· Assist with consolidation process;
· Liaise with external auditors;
· Preparation of ad hoc reports / reconciliations.
Ideally my client is seeking a candidate who posses;-
- Degree in accounting (ACCA/CA/CPA or similar);
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant professional experience;
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing) is a compulsory requirement as there is a very high exposure to our London and New York Asset Managers, and France plus any other European language will be an advantage;
- Proficient user of MS Office and accounting software
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Team player;
- Goal oriented and hands on mentality