A new opportunity has risen within an Amsterdam based International bank for an experienced Regulatory Reporting Specialist to join the Financial Control department. Working along side a collaborative team, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organization that is in the midst of a transition from traditional finance environment to ‘push of a button’ ready. Its a great opportunity to be part of a multicultural environment and have the opprtunity to function as a business partner in a wide range of financial projects.
The Financial Control department is responsible for the preparation and presentation of the financial reporting to all the stakeholders of the bank (e.g. Dutch Central Bank) Under the relevant accounting standards it provides detailed insight on the financial developments of the bank to top management through comprehensive MIS.
The department monitors and reviews the financials of the bank and performs controls and reviews procedures around the core accounting system.
The core function of the reporting Specialist is to develop, implement and submit regulatory reports requested (for example FINREP, Liquidity etc.) and improve coordination and reconciliation of regulatory reporting submission to different stakeholders (i.e. DNB/ECB) As well as assisting in increasing the efficiency in financial reporting processes and participate in special projects (e.g. AnaCredit).
Repsonsibilities will include:
· Preparation of financial reporting packages under relevant accounting standards and reconciliation of reporting towards various stakeholders (such as DNB/ECB,)
- Preparation of financial reports for the general management
- Strengthening the control function on daily/periodic accounting processes
- Implementation of new reporting requirements
- Contributing accounting expertise in projects where Financial Control involvement is required
- Develop and implement new regulatory reports
- Participate in daily control of financial processes
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be masters educated in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven experience with financial institutions/ external audit firm or in a similar position at an international bank
- Possess an excellent command of English (verbally and written) and Dutch
- Solid knowledge of IFRS (especially IFRS 9)
- Have hands on experience building regulatory reports with strong analytical capability of source data
- Ideally have strong project management skills
- Be a proficient user of MS Excel, experience with MS Access is a benefit
- Have strong problem solving and implementation skills;
- Good negotiating, analytical and managerial skills;
- Possess a strong “can-do” mentality;
- Be international orientated;
- Be stress tolerant;
- Have a flexible attitude to new challenges;
- Be flexible in working hours if needed
- Be a team player