Principal Consultant - Energy
practice area: change-and-transformation
job type: permanent
salary: Up to £87,500.00 per annum
сonsultant: Georgia Bradley
date posted: 07/12/2023
Principal Consultant - People & Organisation in Investment Consulting (Energy)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London with hybrid working
Salary: up to £87,500pa bonus benefits
Altum Consulting are partnering with a distinctive and established British business who is looking to expand their already successful People and Organisation consulting practice.
Headquartered in London, with offices across the UK, our client is uniquely placed in the market and globally recognised. This is a senior role focused on leading on the delivery of a range of client projects, defining and developing propositions, winning work and growing and developing the People and Organisation Consulting team.
You will have in-depth knowledge of target operating models, organisational and intra-organisational governance, strategic organisational development risk analysis and management and investment due diligence.
The ideal candidate will come from the renewable energy sector(wind, solar, nuclear and hydrogen), bringing knowledge and expertise of both delivering and growing this area, one our client\'s fastest growing.
You will also bring specialist knowledge in People & Organisation pre- and post-deal matters for our investor clients as part of their Investment & Organisation Review service, managing the delivery of a range of due diligence and other investment projects. This requires working extensively with our Business Investment Advisory colleagues and their portfolio of investor clients, such as Asset Managers, Private Equity, Lenders and Vendors as well as large government institutions as they develop policy to support the energy transition.
- Lead client engagements and projects, providing clear direction to cross-functional teams, and delivering on client objectives.
- Build on a strong client network and liaise closely with key client stakeholders (internal and external) to facilitate the delivery of set project outcomes.
- Contribute to business development and growth of the energy sector team and the People & Organisation investment business, including identifying work opportunities in existing client relationships, developing compelling and winning proposals and pitch documents and building technical and specialist skills through development programmes and recruitment support
- Support the leadership team to define clear direction, report on financials, people management, etc.
- Lead project planning and scoping by outlining full projects/activities and resources required, e.g. time, people, and skills.
- Lead the delivery of good project commercial outcomes by pricing build up, negotiation, demonstrating good commercial discipline, and leading to ensure the project commercially delivers against Operational Performance business plans.
If you are a senior consultant in the People & Organisational change industry that has previously worked for or has an interest in working for, a consultancy business with a purpose and strong people values then this would be an excellent opportunity for you.
- Advisory experience operating at a senior level with capabilities in Operating model, Organisation Design & Governance, Culture, Transformation & Change, Team Alignment, Effectiveness & Collaboration, Leadership, Talent & Capability, Resilience & Well-being.
- Experience in conducting people due diligence and ideally post-deal work, such as integrations, separations, 100 day plans and organisational change, operating model and organisation development
- Ability to assist clients in defining their challenges and work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to help shape and deliver the best solution.
- Capability in leading and developing business proposals for clients, by understanding client requirements and drawing together expertise from across a multi-disciplinary firm.
- Strong commercial acumen.
Education and experience:
- Typically, a first degree and or MBA/Masters degree pertaining to organisation design, operations, organisational behaviour, or other management sciences field
- Experience and/or demonstrable passion in the renewable energy sector, bringing knowledge and expertise of delivering and growing this sector (wind, solar, nuclear and hydrogen).
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Rail, Highways, Aviation, Construction and/or Water
- Clear experience in establishing and nurturing relationships internally and externally.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please do not hesitate in applying.
Head of Finance
FP&A Analyst - MedTech
FP&A Manager - BioTech
Financial Accountant: Life Sciences
Management Accountant - BioPharma
Financial Controller - Life Sciences
Management Consultant - Asset and Wealth Management (M/SM)
Finance Manager - Life Sciences
Group Planning Analyst