The company is a leading global private equity investor with approximately EUR 37 billion of assets under management as per December 31, 2017. Approximately 80% of these funds are invested in private equity funds globally, including secondary transactions, with the remainder invested directly in companies as a co-investor (equity and mezzanine) in Europe, North America and non-traditional markets. The company has approximately 150 employees based in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York.
Portfolio and Risk Analysis Team Description
The Analyst role at AlpInvest Partners represents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing team operating at the center of the global private equity market. The Portfolio and Risk Analysis Team operates from Amsterdam and New York and is responsible for investor reporting (including the audit of the fund financial statements), in-depth portfolio analysis, performance measurement, benchmarking and research related assignments. In this capacity, the team acts as sparring partner to its institutional investors, as well as to management, the Investment Solutions team, and investment teams. The team reports directly to the CFOO and takes on the responsibility for ad-hoc projects for the CFOO.
The company’s client and product base is expanding. To manage this growth Portfolio and Risk Analysis is expanding its team.
Portfolio and Risk Analyst Job Description
- Be a key point of contact for investors, the external auditors, and service providers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with AlpInvest’s clients
- Help maintain and improve the internal control environment (ISAE 3402 Report, SOX controls and Policy and Procedure Manual)
- Analyze the portfolio and its performance for the Operating and Investment Committees,AlpInvest Board and Investment Teams
- Portfolio reporting to the investors on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Support fundraising efforts
- Participate pro-actively in ad-hoc projects for the CFOO and other teams
- Support compliance with AIFMD, IAA and other supervisors and regulators
- Chartered Accountant / CPA qualified (or equivalent) and university degree in Finance or Accounting, with above average results as a minimum.
- Approximately four to seven years work experience, including at a Big Four Audit Firm
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS is preferred
- Strong understanding of ISAE 3402/ SAS 70/ SSAE 16 Reports/ SOX preferable
- Good command of English (Dutch language skills not a pre-requisite)
- Team player, within an international environment
- Audit experience in banking, asset management and private equity is preferable