Altum are currently supporting a global media entertainment business, on a search for a Management Accountant to look after the costs for the business. The role has responsibility for management accounting and forecasting for all costs across the business, with a key focus on capital expenditure.
- Act as principal management accountant contact to the Operations and Facilities Team around the relevant cost lines in the profit and loss, including explanation of differences to budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate with FPA & business partners to deliver financial insight to relevant stakeholders
- Provide written commentaries to Management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month
- Improve the monthly reporting of Capex activities to ensure the financial performance of all initiatives have visibility
- Prepare the weekly KPI & monthly Flash reports, ensuring accuracy, and issue within the required time frame for review
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Used to working with large volumes of data, analysing and providing insights.
- Solid experience of reconciliation of large volumes of data.
- Able to demonstrate examples of pro-actively engaging, guiding, supporting and recommending solutions to improve profit performance, the transparency of performance and key processes
- Extensive knowledge working with Excel
- Experience of producing variance analysis and commentary
The company is a fantastic place to work and this role with have very strong opportunities for progression