Currently working with a leading Consumer business which has ambitious growth plans and during this period of change the management accounting team will be pivotal in providing the business with the information needed to meet its strategic objectives and track its progress against its ambitious targets.
- Month end close – assist in the month end close process by working with the management accountants to ensure that all month end close tasks are completed within agreed timelines, ensuring that all amounts are accurately accounted for and highlighting key issues
- Management Accounts – assist in the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts including the provision of insightful commentary
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation – own and manage selected general ledger reconciliations. Reconciling and understanding the numbers behind the results, and resolving reconciling items on a monthly basis. Highlight any risks or opportunities as they arise.
- Calculation of Turnover Rent – manage the provision of the turnover rent audit process throughout the year. Ensure that monthly figures are provided to landlords or managing agents on a timely basis and that any queries are addressed.
- Reporting – produce the weekly trade report on Monday mornings
- Invoicing – making sure that all self-billing invoices are created and sent out in a timely manner
- Budgets and Forecasts – ad-hoc assistance in the budget and forecast process and preparation
- Audit – assist during the annual audit, statutory accounts and corporation tax submission. Prepare appropriate audit schedules, explanations, reconciliations
- Regulatory Compliance – prepare and file all monthly, quarterly and annual national statistic surveys, ensuring these are filed accurately and on time. Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of the VAT accounts for all entities
- Improvements - Continuously look for process improvements, presenting ideas to make the finance function more efficient
- Any other duties and projects as required by the Company
Skills / Experience
- 1+ year of working in a finance department with exposure to management accounting
- Started or keen to start AAT, CIMA or ACCA (study support package provided)
- Inquisitive mind and a desire to learn and develop
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Pride in your attention to detail and time management skills
- Knowledge of basic Excel functions