Altum are proud to be partnering with a leading health and welfare charity to help recruit a International Finance Business Partner on a 6 month interim contract. The role will provide leadership and guidance on financial management & risk to the International directorate. The ideal candidate for this role will be a fully qualified (CCAB) accountant with experience in the financial management of externally funded grants.
- To be the subject-matter expert on finance-related issues and the ‘go to’ person for financial advice for the staff in the International directorate, advising key internal customers on financial best-practice
- To line-manage the UK-based-finance roles within the International Directorate and mentor and supervise the work of International roles overseas
- Develop financial analyses for new opportunities, making a full assessment of financial risk and offer alternative scenarios to inform the decision-making process based on market knowledge
- To prepare financial action plans for priority areas, advising the Executive Director and the respective head of departments to ensure they are maximising efficiencies and financial performance
- Identify key trends and issues impacting on financial performance, ensuring respective budgets and business plans reflect the intended activities of the charity
- Identify opportunities for income-generation and improvements to promote efficient working practices and potential cost-saving initiatives
- Provide financial risk overview for all departments and teams in the International directorate to enable decision-making in a timely manner
- Fully Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA)
- Strong accountancy and/or financial management experience with involvement in setting up and running finance systems
- A strong background in the financial management of externally funded grants and of statutory compliance
- Experience of working within an International NGO
- Prior experience of staff development needs and contributing to the delivery of training and coaching at an individual and group level
- A willingness to undertake travel, both internationally and within the UK and overnight stays
- Advanced excel skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
If the above sounds like you or anyone in your network, please get in touch today.