Altum Consulting are partnering with an International Development Organisation that promotes health and wellbeing, to find an Interim Finance Manager to join their team on a 6 month basis, with the strong possibility that this role will go permanent. This role will suit someone who is immediately available and has expeirence within an international charity.
- To manage the financial processing work to ensure that effective controls are operating in line with the organisation's policy.
- To support the development and implementation of effective financial planning processes and systems across the organisation
- To ensure budgetary control and financial reporting systems are in place and operating effectively to allow Senior Management to monitor financial reporting performance.
- To manage junior staff to ensure all transactions, including payments and journals, are appropriately verified, authorised and documented on a timely basis
- To prepare periodic financial management information including budget reports, Governing Council financial papers, cash-flow (multi-currency) forecasts, financial statements disclosure notes etc.
- To take primary responsibility for the maintenance and application of the accounting system (SUN systems)
- Support the Financial Controller in the developmen, analysis and review of key indicators around value for money
- To prepare and monitor the timetable for the annual budget setting process, providing guidance and training as required to budget holders
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- SUN systems experience is essential
- Previous line management responsibility is also essential
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in an international development organisation is desirable
- Immediately available
If you're looking for a new challenge and you're available on short notice then please submit your CV today!