My client is one of the countries leading retailers, they are looking for a Head of Finance to lead the property team. Partnering with the Group Property Director and the rest of the property leadership team, this role is responsible for all reporting, forecasting and financial control aspects of the property operations. The individual is responsible for delivering high value business insight.
- Insightful reporting and analysis of the property P&L and balance sheet. Provide understanding of key cost drivers and influence commercial decisions taken to improve performance
- Ownership of quarterly, annual and long range financial plans including process management, analysis and commentary. Ensure full buy-in and ownership from stakeholders, influencing the setting and delivery of stretching & achievable targets
- Offer financial expertise on the reporting consequences associated with the execution of the UK Store estate strategy
- Working with Group Finance, ensure the property implications of new accounting standards, including IFRS16, are understood and quantified and that appropriate controls are implemented to ensure compliance upon adoption
- Working with the Group’s shared service centre, enhance the existing controls and processes to develop an efficient and effective control environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the finance leadership team of one of the best employers in the country.
- Qualified accountant with ability to apply strong technical accounting skills
- Ability to enhance the control environment through creation and maintenance of robust and efficient control processes
- Ability to present insightful revenue and capital spend analysis
- Commercial awareness, with prior operational property experience an advantage
- Ability to develop forecasts and budgets, including risks and opportunities, to support a ‘no surprises’ approach
- Ability to work closely with and influence non-finance colleagues at senior levels, including ability to present complex information credibly to senior stakeholders including business unit FDs and Group CFO
- Ability to drive the property finance agenda, including through management and development of team and prioritisation of efforts
- Strong team player but also happy to work independently on own initiative