Altum are currently supporting a FTSE listed consumer business to source a key role within their finance function, reporting directly to the Group Finance Director this role will take ownership of FP&A across the company. You will work closely with the finance leadership team, including the CFO, Finance Directors and other Heads of Finance to drive the financial planning, insight and analysis.
The key duties of the role will include;
- Delivery and oversight of all forward-looking financial projections for the Group, covering forecasts, budgets and three-year strategic plans
- Providing support to the Board, CEO and CFO in relation to ad-hoc analysis and projects: including trend analysis; acquisitions; disposals; and external funding
- Responsible for recruiting and developing a high performing FP&A team with a strong commercial acumen and a deep business analysis skillset to provide effective challenge and guidance across the group
- Forecasting and reporting all UK operating costs and tracking delivery of the cost optimisation initiative, critical to the group’s success
- Group-wide capital expenditure forecasting and tracking, including monitoring spend between growth and business as usual and challenging investment cases
This role will offer fantastic exposure to the leadership team across the whole organisation, which in turn should lead to a wide range of progression opportunities for the person that goes into this role.
The key competencies of the person they are looking for;
- A high level of commercial awareness and the ability to influence decisions
- Ability to embrace and drive change in a culture of continual improvement
- A background in FP&A and an understanding of what outstanding looks like
- The ability to engage confidently with stakeholders at board level, including CEO and CFO
- Experience managing and developing a team (current team is 4)
The ideal candidate for this role will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA or equivalent) and have knowledge of working in a FTSE listed environment. You will need to be ambitious, with a real can do attitude and want to make an impact on a world renowned company. If this sounds like you, please apply today.