Lloyds Bank Foundation of England and Wales is searching for an ambitious, talented and passionate Head of Finance to lead the ongoing financial success of the organisation in its mission to help small and local charities thrive for the long term.
WHO THEY ARE
The Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales partners with small and local charities who help people overcome complex social issues. Through long-term funding, developmental support and influencing policy and practice, the Foundation helps those charities make life-changing impact. Winner of a prestigious 2019 Charity Award, the Foundation is an independent charitable trust funded by the profits of Lloyds Banking Group as part of their commitment to Helping Britain Prosper.
Based at the Foundation’s office in Southwark, the Head of Finance will report to the Chief Operating Officer and help the charity manage its strategic, financial and operational objectives following a transformative period of growth. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to lead a dynamic team of two, develop and modernise the finance team while building long-lasting relationships fundamental to the success of the Foundation.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development, maintenance and documentation of accurate and efficient systems, processes and procedures
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts to ensure a successful and timely audit
- Manage and develop a team of two staff members
- Prepare monthly management accounts including commentary and variance analysis
- Work closely with the wider organisation including the Grants, Development, Policy, Research and Communications Teams, to foster relationships and aid decision-making
- Lead the financial planning process including budgets and forecasts, ensuring alignment to the strategic plan
- Manage the grants payment process
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Passion for the LBFEW mission to help small and local charities make a difference across England and Wales
- Qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead, develop and motivate the finance team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated track record of building relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience working with charity SORP
- Results-driven individual with experience and desire to improve finance systems and processes on an ongoing basis
Altum Consulting are receiving applications until midnight on Wednesday, July 17th and both first & second stage interviews will be conducted the following week (commencing July 22nd). The role will pay circa £50k per annum and comes with some great benefits, including a generous pension scheme, a season ticket loan, 25 days annual leave (rising each year over the first 5 years to a maximum of 30 days) and various others.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re seeking an interesting and varied role that you can make your own, are passionate about local charities making a difference across England and Wales have the relevant experience then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV today and a consultant from Altum Consulting will be in touch.
The Foundation encourages applications from all sections of our diverse community, irrespective of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership. We believe our organisation will be a better, more creative and an innovative place to work if we can harness the benefit of lots of different perspectives.
The Foundation is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
If you need any ‘reasonable adjustments’ for any part of the recruitment process please let us know, in confidence, to discuss these.