Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of all financial reporting. The role will involve day to day accounting of the holding companies, monthly and quarterly reporting preparation including IFRS journals and liaison with external accountants. Preparation of information for tax returns (CIT and VAT) will also form part of the role. This is a newly created team where initially the focus will be the set up of financial systems, controls and processes before taking over the financial accounting. The role will be based in the Amsterdam office and will work closely with colleagues across divisions and the London office.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assistance with design, set-up and implementation of new accounting systems for financial reporting and business intelligence
- Assistance with the design, documentation and implementation of internal controls and processes.
- Coordinating processes and reporting from the hotels and external accounting providers.
- Day to day head office accounting and assisting preparing consolidated results.
- Preparation of group level accounting adjustments
- Assistance with the preparation of quarterly tax calculations and provision of information for local tax compliance in the Netherlands.
- Input in ad-hoc projects as the finance department matures
- Provide relevant financial information to the Capital Expenditures team on existing and potential projects where required.
- Reconciliation of Capital Expenditure plans to statutory books and records.
- Works with Investment Management to ensure that debt compliance reporting to lenders is performed on time and in compliance with loan agreements.
- Provide assistance to Investment team with potential accounting and reporting requirements and any acquisitions and disposals as required.
- Degree in relevant subject or comparable finance experience is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS essential
- Experience in consolidation and financial statements is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an accountant or tax advisor.
- Strong computer skills with systems and controls background an advantage.
- Experience in Dutch CIT and VAT desirable
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner.
- Strong team player and passionate to provide assistance where needed.
- Sensitive and respectful to the confidential nature of the subject matter at hand.
- Integrity and strong work ethic.
- Projected confidence, enthusiasm and energy.
- Valid working permit for The Netherlands.