A FTSE listed property company is seeking a Group Property Accountant to join their team. This is a high profile role within the rent and property accounting team, giving the successful applicant full exposure across the business up to senior management level. The role is responsible for several key areas within the rent and property team including, accounting for the investment / trading property portfolio, acquisitions and disposals, capitalised and notional interest. The role will liaise closely with the Group’s valuers, external auditors and wider finance teams throughout the year and be responsible for the production of the Group valuation book for both year end and half year.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Production of the Group investment / trading property valuation book
- Lead the Group acquisition and disposal process.
- Account accurately for the acquisition and disposal of investment / trading properties
- Bi-annual posting of investment property valuation movements
- Bi-annual postings of impairment provisions
- Prepare capitalised / notional interest calculations in line with Group policy, including dealing with queries from the business units.
- Co-ordinate the distribution of Capital Deal Advice Notices (CDANs) and confirm the accounting treatment of each deal with the business units.
- Preparation of certain investment property and trading property disclosures for Group year end and half year reporting.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with external auditors and valuers.
- To be familiar with and keep abreast of the latest accounting requirements, in particular those relating to investment and trading properties.
- Contributing towards the department's housekeeping, filing, record maintenance and internal control procedures.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required by management from time to time to undertake any other tasks or duties considered to be relevant to the general function of the Accounts Department.