My client is one of the world’s leading fashion and sports brand management companies, with a truly global presence. The business is built on its values and its people, having been voted as one of the UK’s 'Best Places to Work’.
The Group Accountant role has a broad remit, with a rotational program designed to give maximum exposure to different areas of the business and build a skillset to drive career progression. The role has exposure to senior stakeholders up to board level, with a good amount of visibility through the business.
This role would be ideally suited to an ACA accountant making a first move into industry.
Key responsibilities will include
- Production of monthly management accounts, forecast, budget and month end processes for the group
- Preparing analysis for the treasury team
- Supporting the group consolidation process
- Assisting maintenance of the group chart of accounts
- Preparation of the monthly board pack, with key messages for board consideration
- Provide technical accounting advice to business where required
- Process improvement projects including work with Hyperion and SAP to increase efficiencies and minimise errors
Suitable candidates will match all or most of the following
- ACA qualified accountant
- Post qualification experience in a group role
- Retail experience would be an advantage
- Thorough understanding of consolidations for international business
- Ability to partner with non-finance stakeholders