Altum are currently supporting a FTSE listed Natural Resources and Energy company to find them a key member of the group finance team. This role will be the Controller responsible for a portfolio of head office companies including key UK registered holding companies in the US
This role will also provide support on other ad-hoc projects, including company liquidations and loan rationalisation project and key system improvement projects.
- Perform the day to day accounting for responsible statutory entities, including assisting Treasury Finance in preparing and posting journals in SAP;
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations where required;
- Perform the monthly review of company data and reporting in BPC (group reporting system) including posting BPC journals as required;
- Production of ad hoc management accounts for subsidiary Board meetings e.g. to support dividend proposals;
- Prepare the annual financial statements for responsible entities using excel
- Be the key point of contact for the annual audits
- Provide information for tax compliance to prepare the Company corporation tax returns;
Other ad-hoc responsibilities
- Provide operational advice and expertise to the wider Finance team on reporting and other issues to improve operational efficiency and information exchange.
- Maintain external and internal relationships and sources to learn and understand best practice developments in reporting to support professional development and to maintain expertise.
Desired skills and experience
- Ideally a newly qualified ACA Qualified Accountant
- Ability to take ownership of tasks, with a strong drive for results.
- Highly proficient communicator. Self-motivated, proactive with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong team player, with a thirst for improvement through operational efficiency & information exchange.
- Skilled in accounting and reporting pronouncements with some knowledge of governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
- Ability to build solid business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.