FP&A Manager - Hospitality
My client is a market-leading hospitality business based in Central London.
This is a key role in the UK Operations Finance team, reporting directly into the Financial Planning & Analysis Director, and will have ownership of delivering consistent and accurate performance analysis and forecasts to improve business decisions. The role will be responsible for driving standardisation and excellence in financial planning (including forecasting and budgeting) and analysis; for the revenue, costs and hotels within the role's remit. This will be achieved by working with fellow FP&A Managers to create, standardise and manage tools, reports and analysis centrally. The role will be responsible for ensuring seamless integration across the forecasting and reporting process including Accounting & Control, Revenue Management, Central Support Functions and Commercial Finance.
Responsibilities of the role include,
• Also responsible for the entire P&L for a group of Hotels from the in scope estate. This includes responsibility for ensuring that forecasted/ budgeted P&Ls make sense overall, and the meaningful variance analysis and insight is provided for these Hotels.
• FP&A activities include the following, and these will be used to enable the Hotels to gain a greater understanding of where it is heading through the provision of:
• Post- close performance reviews
• Weekly and monthly forecasting
• Flash update reports at month-end
• Ad hoc analysis
• Cashflow reporting to forecast Owner return requirements.
• Work with fellow Managers to ensure the delivery of forecasting consistency & accuracy to drive performance decisions.
• Work with the Director to develop & report effective KPIs that effectively measure hotel performance.
• Provide concise and insightful Management Information packs that clearly show Hotel performance.
• Leverage modelling and automation tools to build standard reports.
- 3+ years relevant and progressive work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to analyse large volume of complex financial information from many sources and create reports, forecasts, and projections.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfil responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to develop presentations and effectively present to all levels of company, hotels & owners.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (all levels of management and external customers).
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook