Financial Controller | £90,000 - £120,000| 12-18 Month FTC |Consumer Industry
Are you a Financial Controller looking for your next challange? Altum Consulting is supporting a high growth Consumer businesses based in West London to recruit a Financial Controller for 12-18 Months.
The role will reporting to the Finance Director with responsability across all financial and accounting activities and leading the rest of the finance team with 2 Direct Reports and a wider team of 18.
This role requires an ASAP start, applicants should have a notice period of no longer than 1 month.
- Manage the preparation of monthly management accounts and budgeting, month end and year end.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise up to 20 direct reports and manage indirect financial department staff, including Management Accountants and financial assistants.
- Develop, motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
- Suggest improvements for finance systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Develop budgets and financial plans and regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities with the Finance Director and CFO.
- Review and approve Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensure that outstanding issues are resolved on a timely basis
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Assist the FD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
Who they are looking for:
- Solid adecemics, a minimm 2:1 degree and a fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- 4+ years experience in a relevant business or finance environment with direct report management experience
- An ability to communicate clearly, both oral and written, using a range of techniques and styles to ensure that communication is timely, clear and effective.
- Proven expert Microsoft Office skills; Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to adapt to a complex, ever changing work environment including adopting a flexible approach and reacting positively to changing circumstances
- Inspire and generate respect from staff by giving clear direction, consultation and encouragement
- Recognising the importance of employee development by giving constructive feedback and support and enabling everyone to develop their full potential
- Prior experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS & GAAP)
- Consumer business experience is essential; Retail, FMCG, Media for example.
If this sounds like you, please reach out to George Brown on the contact details below for a confidential conversation. Candidates will be considered immediately for interview and start.