A new opportunity has arisen at an entrepreneurial UK Tech Hospitality concept company for an enthusiastic qualified Financial Controller ready to immerse themselves in a small business, with responsibility for a vast range of deliverables.
You will carry out month end reporting, budgets and quarterly forecasts. Managing the statutory accounts and annual audit. Evolving systems and process to ensure set up for success. Your role will be climatic to the development of the finance team and to ensure that it has the right capabilities. This will be integrated with the business, taking ownership of the technical side of finance.
- Managing the monthly management information reporting including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecast
- Responsible for delivering the month-end close process by entering manual journals and making all necessary accruals for accrued income, deferred income, prepayments etc
- Managing the end of year annual accounts process including completion of the audit
- Ensuring compliance with Companies House filing requirements
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Processing and managing monthly payroll, including pension payments
- Processing and managing quarterly VAT returns
- Liaising with external firms such as auditors, HRMC, tax partners and banks
- Assisting accounts assistant in issuing invoices and processing bills as well as making payments
- Assisting on an ad-hoc basis in financial due diligence of potential Social sites
- Contributing to business plans and forecasting
- Providing analysis to support key decision making using BI software
- Identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and processes
- Undertaking various other duties within the finance department as required
This will suit an ambitious qualified accountant who is excited by working in a startup environment, this is a truly exciting role with an expanding business with the scope to impact and influence.
If this sound like you, please apply.