Altum Consulting are partnering with a well-known and highly regarded international health charity to find a motivational and dynamic Financial Accounting Manager to develop and lead a high performing finance operations team.
You will be responsible for;
- Providing a high-quality financial accounting and assurance for UK transactions and processes.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting and tax regulations and preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Finance Operations team responsible for processing all UK transactions.
- Lead the monthly-end close process and carry out reviews of income, expenditure and balance sheet accounts, ensuring financial reporting is up to standard
- Act as financial regulation and technical advisor, on legal and tax issues arising from VAT treatment, SORP updates and Liaise with HMRC and submit any required returns.
- Support review and develop the accounts payable function
- Supervise and develop the treasury function
- Line manage and develop a team of four
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading and developing transactional teams, be a fully qualified accountant with experience in financial control and regulations within the charity sector.
You will be energetic and personable and provide a customer service focused approach. You will ideally be a fully qualified CCAB accountant.
In return you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance with the option to buy more, a generous pension contribution and a very flexible working environment. You will part of an inspiring and passionate team, committed to improving the lives of those less fortunate.