Financial Accountant: Life Sciences
practice area: accountancy-and-finance
salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum Bonus
сonsultant: Dylan Wijesekera
date posted: 16/11/2023
Altum Consulting are pleased to bring a Financial Accountant role to market with a growing Life Sciences business who have excellent projections on the back of a range of fundraising activities. This role provides an excellent opportunity to join an interesting and community focused organisation whose work has been and will continue to positively impact upon the lives of many individuals globally. As this role sits within a small finance team, it also provides plenty of opportunity to get involved across the finance team in a multi-disciplinary capacity which will promote and provide the opportunity to develop ones skill set quite holistically.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Act as primary contact with administrators for financial accounting and reporting.
- Support Group Accountant in financial reporting, including statutory accounts, and audit coordination.
- Liaise and get involved across other areas of Finance - FP&A, Treasury, etc.
- Prepare cashflow forecasts, investment recommendations and board reporting materials
- Handle valuation-related materials and liaise with external advisers.
- Ensure compliance within a regulated environment and submit reports.
- Collaborate with investor relations team for accurate quarterly reporting.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Have previous experience, an academic background or a genuine interest in life sciences
- Gained experience within either a professional services firm or within a commercial environment
- Be proficient across the MS Office suite, in particular Excel
- Have excellent written and communication skills, with an ability to speak with stakeholders of varying seniority
- Be excited to work in an ever changing/growing environment and wear various hats as required
Head of Finance
FP&A Analyst - MedTech
FP&A Manager - BioTech
Management Accountant - BioPharma
Principal Consultant - Energy
Financial Controller - Life Sciences
Management Consultant - Asset and Wealth Management (M/SM)
Finance Manager - Life Sciences
Group Planning Analyst