Altum are currently working with a rapidly growing global FMCG business, they are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant who speaks fluent French to take ownership of some of their major European entities including France. You will take ownership of Monthly Management Reporting and Compliance & Governance for the region. The role will be for 6 months initially with the opportunity to go permanent.
Month end reporting
- Preparation of the detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliation file to safeguard the appropriateness of all GL accounts and provisions.
- Update and reconcile inter-company loan accounts for all relevant group entities, ensuring that these accounts are agreed on an ongoing basis and all discrepancies investigated and resolved as necessary.
- Management of the fixed asset module.
- Perform first review of monthly Income Statements and Balance Sheets for errors/omissions, ensure compliance with company policies and ensure the preparation of financial information remains in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide high level commentary and analysis to the European Financial Accountant on ongoing performance and drivers of variances.
- Develop a commercial understanding of subsidiary businesses and communicate commercial issues to the European Financial Accountant as required.
Compliance and Governance
- Coordinate the completion of all annual statutory audits, as required.
- Arrange the completion and lodgement of all tax compliance requirements, including corporate tax and VAT returns.
- Ensure that all required corporate secretarial documents are lodged by their due dates.
- Assist with the transition and adherence to new accounting standards, such as IFRS16.
- Responsible for ensuring correct segregation of duties and application of appropriate financial controls.
This is a great entry point into a fantastic growing business, to be considered for this opportunity you must be a qualified accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent as well as a fluent French speaker. The role will start working remotely, but in the future will be based in central London.