Altum are currently supporting a global FMCG business going through a major transformation to find a Financial Reporting specialist to assist with the transformation. You will take ownership of the financial reporting and provide technical support for the business.
- Provide technical US GAAP and IFRS accounting guidance on ongoing matters. Guidance typically provided to country finance associates and other corporate areas (e.g. treasury, tax, Global Compensation).
- Review new US GAAP and IFRS accounting pronouncements; provide direction to other groups (e.g. country finance associates; other corporate finance associates) on new pronouncements, as applicable.
- Actively participate in the quarterly certification process as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This includes, among other things, review of country risk and exposure and representation letters and identification of issues; interactions with the auditors regarding quarterly country reviews.
- Evaluate internal controls over financial reporting and disclosures as part of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Prepare restructuring analysis. Determine and communicate required restructuring entries to regional finance and corporate accounting
- Enhance and maintain corporate finance website.
- Coordinate quarterly Hot Topics trainings (quarterly presentation to all Finance associates and discusses changes to our quarterly reporting process), and other finance trainings as necessary.
This role will suit a big 4 qualified accountant with a technical skill-set and strong IFRS knowledge, the business is going to move to reporting under IFRS rather than US GAAP.