Altum are currently supporting a large group in the creative media sector. To source a Financial Accountant, reporting directly to the Head of Group Reporting. This role will play a key role in delivery of the UK group's annual, quarterly and monthly results, forecast and budget.
The key duties of the role will include;
· Shared responsibility for the preparation and delivery of statutory financial statements for a portfolio of seventy plus UK group companies.
· Engaging regularly with key finance contacts across the group with regards to preparation.
· Assisting in the collation and co-ordination of the UK reporting pack submissions and supplementary disclosures.
· Maintaining close working relationships including liaising frequently with UK head office and subsidiary finance teams in order to ensure compliance with reporting requirements and assist with reporting/technical queries.
· Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of group financial accounting policies.
· Surveys to be prepared include turnover, wages and salaries, inward investment, capital expenditure, foreign trade etc.
An ideal candidate for this role will be able to work with all levels of management within the finance and management team. A Working knowledge of UK tax principles would be highly valued as well as previous experience of accounts consolidation. Strong prioritization and project management skills that can focused on achieving process improvement. UK GAAP and IFRS knowledge is a necessity. Qualified accountant, ideally ACA from a prestigious accounting firm with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in audit and/or a financial accounting role. The opportunities to advance your career here are truly endless. If this sounds like you, please apply.