One of the most well-known and highly regarded international development charities is seeking an ambitious part-qualified accountant to carry out a variety of finance duties for the international directorate.
Responsibilities will include;
- Producing reports and providing insightful and meaningful analysis on financial performance
- Providing managers with helpful advice and guidance on financial issues
- Reviewing and processing grant agreements, grant transfers and international invoice payments, challenging where necessary
- Producing schedules and analysis for the year-end and external audits
- Balance sheet reconciliations for month-end and year-end processes.
- Supporting with the development and implementation of the finance system
- Analysing and reporting on international teams' consolidated budget and support those managers through the budgeting process
- Providing financial support for restricted fund applications
- Delivering financial training to staff
This is a varied role in which the successful candidate will act as a trusted advisor to the directorate. You will be part of a passionate and close-knit finance team. The ideal candidate will be actively studying an accountancy qualification (AAT, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA) and have experience in balance sheet reconciliations, you will be a strong communicator with the ability to convey financial information to non-finance staff at all levels.