Altum Consulting is delighted to be partnering with Oak Foundation in its search for a new UK-based Finance Officer. Oak Foundation is a family-led international NGO that seeks to make the world a safer, fairer and more sustainable place through the funding of various programmes, currently across over 40 countries. Reporting into the Head of Finance in Geneva, this exciting role will work closely with various charity partners and review their funding requests, working on due diligence, assessing risk and monitoring the reports from existing projects. The role will also involve core finance duties pertaining to financial management of the UK office. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive finance professional who is passionate about global issues to join an international organisation that is having a big impact.
This role will pay a salary of circa £46,000 with the possibility to go slightly higher for a candidate with particularly strong skills and experience. The role may involve occasional travel to Geneva and otherwise will be a hybrid position, based from the London office Tuesday to Thursday and with the option to work remotely on Monday and Friday.
As the Finance Officer your role will include:
- Working with a wide range of partner organisations, building relationships with their finance teams and performing due diligence on grant proposals
- Assessing and mitigating risk on requested grant funding
- Conducting compliance checks
- Ad hoc financial analysis relating to grants
- Acting as the go-to point of contact for partner charities regarding any finance issues
- Performing bookkeeping, financial and management accounting duties on behalf of Oak Foundation’s London office including monitoring the work of the local accounting practice
- Act as a point of contact for auditors
- Seek to improve finance systems and processes where possible
The ideal candidate will:
- Have or be working towards a recognised accounting qualification, or be qualified by experience
- Have experience accounting for programmes or projects
- Be able to work autonomously but also build relationships and work closely with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Have strong interpersonal skills and written communicational skills
- Be passionate about the issues Oak Foundation is working towards
- Be committed to the values of Oak Foundation
Altum Consulting is managing the first stage of the recruitment to this post, which will involve an initial screening telephone call, followed by a written exercise and if that is successful, a first stage interview before a second stage interview with Oak Foundation. We are working towards a deadline of Sunday 24 July for receiving applications, but will also consider candidates on an ad hoc basis and reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date if there are several strong candidates in process. Therefore if interested please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood Oak’s job applicant’s data privacy notice.
Oak Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, as detailed in our child safeguarding policy. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Please note that the successful candidate will undergo reference checks and be required to provide a police record prior to starting employment.