Altum are delighted to partner with a Boutique Fashion Retail business to find them a Finance Manager. The company has been going through an exciting period of success with very ambitious growth plans for the future. You will play an integral role in the future strategy and development of the organisation.
This role will be responsible for building a best in class management accounting function that provides the business with the information needed to meet its strategic objectives and track its progress against its ambitious targets.
- Drive the month end close and reporting cycle to ensure the Board packs are produced accurately, in accordance with agreed deadlines, provide the analysis and understanding required by the Board and with insightful commentary. Continuously look to drive change and efficiencies in the process to meet the businesses changing needs.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc financial reporting to the business. Review performance against business plans - budget and forecast.
- Take ownership of relevant balance sheet accounts, ensure adequate controls are in place, reconciliations are performed and reviewed to a high standard within agreed deadlines, reconciling items are understood and followed up on and any opportunities or risks are highlighted.
- Support in the preparation of the annual statutory audit and tax analysis work for the business, ensuring information produced is accurate and provided in line with agreed timetables. Manage VAT compliance for all AS companies. Providing ad hoc information as required.
- Provide key support in the preparation of the business’s annual budget process, challenging the business to set robust plans that are in accordance with the Business Strategy.
- Provide support in the ongoing preparation and maintenance of the business’s regular forecasting process, identifying risks and opportunities against the annual budget and ensuring these are adequately updated and reported.
- Hold regular update meetings with trading heads and budget holders to provide financial and technical expertise, including but not limited to: identifying risks and opportunities through KPI reporting; provision of decision support; provision of financial support for business cases; query management; analytical reviews
- Build and develop strong internal working relationships at senior levels across the business to support in reporting and decision making.
- Lead and develop a high performing, happy team that is motivated and engaged with the business.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Experience of preparation of management accounts including variance analysis and commentary
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Passionate about driving change through a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present findings to senior management
- Ideally experience in corporation tax, and VAT in a commercial environment