Are you a recently qualified accountant with a passion for conservation? Altum are supporting a small but impactful conservation organisation in the search for a proactive and motivated finance professional. You will lead on the preparation of financial accounts and reporting, work with internationally based stakeholders to prepare budgets and aid decision making.
You will be required to:
- Prepare annual accounts and all audit schedules and answering any audit queries
- Produce income and expenditure reports for SMT
- Assist site leaders in planning and budgeting, identifying risks and opportunities
- Work with budget holders to interpret financial performance
- Develop reforecasts quarterly and support preparation of annual budget
- Advise grant and budget teams on donor compliance and restricted funding reporting
- Support conservation sites with financial operations
- Supporting international/programme teams in financial capacity building
- Maintain fixed asset register, post journals and assist with month end tasks
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified, ideally with a background in audit. Applications from candidates with experience in the NGO sector are also welcome. An interest in conservation and alignment with the values is desirable.
This social enterprise is known for the supportive working culture and development opportunities. You will regularly work with colleagues across the globe, finance and non-finance, influencing financial transparency and performance and in turn supporting the conservation sites and the communities who rely on them.
This role will be based remotely until the organisation return to the office. It is a 6-month FTC which is likely to go permanent. We welcome applications from candidates available on a short notice seeking either interim or permanent opportunities. If you are interested in exploring further please apply ASAP as we are reviewing CVs as they come through.