We're currently representing a professional membership body in the search for a people-focussed and experienced finance manager for a period of 12 months. The role will have day to day operational responsibility for managing the small finance team, overseeing monthly management accounts, business planning and statutory reporting whilst the head of finance increases their focus on strategic projects.
Responsibilities will include;
- Leading the annual budget setting and quarterly reforecasts across the business
- Reviewing monthly management accounts prepared by team
- Completing preparation of annual statutory accounts in line with Charity SORP and manage production of draft trustees' report
- Effectively managing the day to day activities and performance of finance team, providing structured coaching and development
- Ensuring effective financial control is maintained and implemented, making improvements where possible
- Leading the annual audit process and act as main point of contact for external auditors
- Reviewing finance team's journals, bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
The ideal candidate will be a fully CCAB qualified accountant with significant people management experience. You will have experience across financial and management accounts and ideally in business planning. Charity or non-profit experience is desirable. You will be proactive and solutions focussed.
Benefits include 28 days holidays, flexible working options, weekly coffee morning and other social events, season ticket loan, life assurance.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great organisation going through a period of positive change, digitalisation and automation. You will use your skills and experience to help drive this positive change, in a supportive environment surrounded by colleagues passionate about making sure service users receive a high standard of quality. If interested, please apply with your CV today!
Shortlisting will take place as and when with a view to interviewing w/c 9th or 16th.