Altum are currently supporting a mass media business to source a UK Finance Manager in their finance function, reporting directly to the European Controller. This role will take ownership of month end reports across the company. You will work closely with all entities across their UK operation.
The key duties of the role will include;
· Delivery and oversight of all month end accounts across the UK including close activities across UK ensure accounting entries and revenue recognition comply with Group Accounting Policies
· Ensure intangible assets valuations are appropriately supported
· Work hand-in-glove with Finance Operations to ensure system rollouts and establishment of SSC are successful
· Review key balance sheet recs each month, ensuring they are current and reconciling items clear on time
· Build relationships with Finance leads across UK and maintain regular dialogue about potential issues
This role will offer an exciting opportunity across the whole of the UK Finance operation, which in turn should lead to a wide range of progression opportunities for the person that goes into this role. The key competencies of the person they are looking for;
· Ability to embrace and drive change in a culture of continual improvement and apply lasting change.
· A background in P&L with the FP&A team and an understanding of performance against budget.
· The ability to Roll-out and uphold new travel and expenses policies
An ideal candidate for this role will have strong US GAAP/local GAAP experience. Be a qualified accountant PQE. The Understanding of digital revenue recognition, experience of relocating finance function, building strong controls in a rapidly growing and/or a fast-moving media environment.
Team management and leadership experience is a must with a proactive, positive and practical attitude and want to make an impact on a world-renowned mass media company. If this sounds like you, please apply today.