Altum consulting is looking for an experienced Finance Manager for a Real Estate Investment business in Amsterdam. This is a newly created team and role where initially the focus will be on setting up of financial systems, controls and processes. The role will have one direct report and will work closely with colleagues across divisions and the London office. The role will also have a tax focus with respect to calculating quarterly IAS 12 provisions as well as coordinating all tax filings.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assistance with design, set-up and implementation of new accounting systems for financial reporting and business intelligence
- Design and documentation of internal controls and processes.
- Coordinating processes and reporting from the hotels and external accounting providers.
- Day to day management of statutory and internal reporting.
- Responsibility for bridge between management accounts and financial statements.
- Managing relationships with external auditors and other advisors.
- Preparation of group level accounting adjustments
- Preparation of quarterly tax calculations and oversight of local tax compliance across the portfolio.
- Input in ad-hoc projects as the finance department matures
- Line management of financial accountant
- Identification /implementation of tangible cost efficiencies at platform level.
- Shareholder reporting support
- Degree in relevant subject or comparable finance qualification is a requirement.
- Position ideally requires knowledge of the Real Estate / lodging and hospitality industry although other backgrounds working with similar multinational groups will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an accountant or tax advisor.
- Strong computer skills with systems and controls background an advantage.
- Experience in calculating tax provisions and understanding of tax compliance requirements
- Demonstrated evidence of solid financial and analytical acumen, with strong attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Valid working permit for The Netherlands.