Our client is creating a world class HR operating model for the Group, likely moving to a shared service model. This role will work closely with the Global Director of HR effectiveness to drive the establishment of a robust business case to support the future operating model. Experience of establishing global functional shared services is strongly preferred along with the demonstrable ability to work through the associated challenges of a complex global transformation programme.
- Own budgeting/forecasting, reporting and analysis of the project
- Ensure all investments are correctly accounted for, and closely monitored throughout the project life cycle, including implementation and execution of local governance and project control systems
- Provide financial business partnering and decision support to the Global HR team to ensure their strategic and operational financial goals are delivered.
- Key activities include Project accounting, forecasting and budgeting for department spend, commercial management of contracts, and financial analysis & modelling for the programmes initiatives including target financial operating models and benefits realisation.
- Providing financial insight to enable informed decision making by the Programme Director on the programmes operations.
- Financial modelling of new scenarios and new investment decisions (data gathering and cost and benefit analysis).
- Analysis of actual cost of work performed and estimates of cost to complete, looking at future cost trends and revision of forecasts
- Completion of month end and subsequent delivery of high quality monthly management accounts
- Commercial management of project contracts ensuring adherence to terms, compliance on key financial clauses and negotiation of new contract spend
- Work with third party service providers to ensure timesheets and costs are correctly recorded, invoiced and reconciled.
- Fully qualified accountant with experience in a large international company driving the transformation and system implementation agenda.
- Experience of developing and delivering against investment business cases.
- Ability to work with transactional detail all the way up to Board level reports
- Financial modelling / Project Accounting experience essential.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, whilst driving the agenda with reasonable financial challenge.
- Strong Cost control experience and ability to drive accountability.
- Management reporting / Budgeting / forecasting experience
- Organised, able to prioritise and meet tight deadlines with a strong ability to self-manage
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Working understanding of accounting under IAS 38 Intangible Assets
- Experience of establishing a global shared service function strongly preferred
- Experience of Power BI an advantage