Altum Consulting are working exclusively with our client in the search of an entrepreneurial and experienced senior Finance professional to take on a newly created role at Finance Director within a global Retail business.
Our client is a UK owned Fashion & Apparel Retailer founded in the early 90's who operate globally and digitally and have ambitious growth plans for the future.
As a newly created role, this is an integral function for the business as the first Finance hire in The Netherlands. You will be reporting directly to the CFO located in the UK HQ and will be working closely with the Head of Tax and various other internal and external stakeholders across the business to design, implement and shape the finance function within The Netherlands.
- Acting as Director and signatory for the Dutch B.V
- Managing the running of the day to day finance and supply chain operations within the B.V
- Implementation of correct controls and compliance
- Monthly reporting on BV operations
- Singing off accounts
- Attending quarterly board meetings
- Setting up correct controls for customs and import/export of products under new regulations
- Working with external 3rd parties to negotiate on contracts for freight forwarders and couriers
- Partnering with various teams such as Head of Tax and CFO to identify any customs & tax risks and implementing correct policies to mitigate any risks
- Managing EU data protection to requirements
- Analyse and report on the performance of the B.V and implement any changes that are required to enhance performance and stability
Education and Experience;-
Educated with a Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Science or equivalent
Holds a formal accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
Must be fluent in both Dutch & English languages (written & verbal)
Proven experience leading finance at a managerial level
Retail sector experience is a huge advantage
An understanding of the markets in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and France.
Knowledge of governance and risk management.
Experience and/or understanding of people management.
The ability to engage in a constructive manner with senior executives and make challenges when necessary.
Available for international travel (when applicable)
Our client is offering 100% working from home options enabling flexibility and autonomy within the role.
To apply, please send an updated resume to;- email@example.com